The Friends of the Pikes Peak Library District depend on your donations to resell in the Friends’ bookstores and booksales. Your donations are converted into financial support for PPLD programs and projects. As our library district continues to expand, our individual libraries must find new and innovative ways to serve the community while dealing with the challenges of space constraints and increased patronage.
Please read our Book Donation Policy below for more information.
Book Donation Policy
To help with the flow of materials, they ask that you follow these guidelines:
- These items cannot be accepted and resold:
- National Geographic magazines
- Readers Digest magazines or condensed books
- Encyclopedia sets
- Mildewed, water or smoke-damaged items
- VHS Tapes
- If possible, please make donations to East Library or Penrose Library.
- Donations need to be in non-returnable boxes weighing 30 lbs or less.
- No more than 5 boxes should be donated at a time at East Library and only 3 boxes at Library 21c and Penrose Library.
- If help is needed with a donation, call (719) 531-6333, x1461, or email us at email@example.com to make arrangements.