Calling all Holiday Light Engineers! The El Paso County Fair & Events Center is hosting a Holiday Light Display Competition. Sponsored by Mountain View Electric Association, the contest has four divisions that will vie for trophies and a cash prize.
The Christmas Light Competition event is being held in conjunction with the Calhan Christmas Parade of Lights, Town of Calhan and the El Paso County Fair & Event Center inaugural Calhan Country Christmas from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., on Saturday, December 15. Admission is FREE. Events and entertainment for the entire family, include:
- 6 p.m. Gates Open
- 6 p.m. Hay Rides
- 6 p.m. Live Nativity
- 6 p.m. Colorado Springs Astronomical Society telescopes (weather permitting)
- 8 p.m. Live music featuring the band Fire Line
- 6 p.m. Strolling Carolers
- 7 p.m. Parade of Lights (begins and ends at the Fairgrounds)
- 8 p.m. Photo opportunity with Santa
- 8 p.m. Refreshments
Four Divisions for prizes are: Best Business Display, Best Youth Group Display, Best Family Display and Best Individual Display.
For more information on the Holiday Light Display Competition and the bull riding, please contact the El Paso County Fair and Events Center at (719) 520-7882.