The City of Colorado Springs is seeking volunteers to serve on the following Boards:
- Historic Preservation Board
- City/County Drainage Board
Historic Preservation Board
- About: Acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council in implementing the Historic Preservation program for the City. It initiates the Historic Preservation Overlay Zone and administers the review of building or demolition permits for properties that are zoned Historic Preservation.
- Meeting Time: 1st Monday of every month at 4:30 p.m.
- Vacancy: Three citizen at-large members residing in the City of Colorado Springs. In making appointments to the Board, the City Council shall give due consideration to maintaining a balance of interests and skills in the composition of the Board and to the individual qualifications of the candidates, including, but not limited to, their training, experience, knowledge or proven interest in any one or more of the following fields: landscape architecture; architecture; history; archaeology; general contracting; building trades; urban planning; mortgage lending; real estate; urban design; fine arts; law; business; economics; and engineering.
City/County Drainage Board
- About: The Board advises the City & County Engineers in carrying out the provisions of the City & County subdivision regulations relating to the drainage and control of flood and surface waters within the City and County, administration of the subdivision storm drainage funds, and recommendations to the City Council and Board of County Commissioners on changes to the subdivision regulations.
- Meeting Time: 1st Thursday of every month at 3:00 p.m.
- Vacancy: One citizen at-large member residing in El Paso County, one banker
For more information on the purpose of these boards and commissions, visit www.coloradosprings.gov, click on Government – Boards and Commissions or contact Michael Montgomery at Michael.Montgomery@coloradosprings.gov or 719-385-5540.
Please submit your application by Friday, October 30, 2020. The application web form can be found and submitted here.
Applications and resumes can also be emailed Michael Montgomery at Michael.Montgomery@coloradosprings.gov or mailed to City Council, Attention: Michael Montgomery, P.O. Box 1575, Colorado Springs, CO 80901.