Two resolutions probably top everyone’s list every year: Lose weight and get out of debt. Well, strange as it seems, the means to accomplish both of these are the same. So say Ellie Kay and Danna Demetre, the authors of Lean Body, Fat Wallet. Kay is a financial expert and author of several books on how to spend wisely. Demetre is a fitness expert and survivor of eating disorders. If the two goals seem disparate, consider these simple tips for doing both:
- In a restaurant, order water instead of soda to drink.
- Learn portion control: Split a large meal with your dining partner.
- Don’t buy expensive foods from weight-loss programs.
- Don’t buy pricey skin creams; fish oil makes a wonderful substitute.
- Work out at home instead of a gym or a paid class.
For more tips,read the full story on our sister site, Living on the Cheap.