They call our national parks “America’s Best Idea,” and rightly so. Though our parks are in need of some upgrading, and admission fees have gone up a bit, they’re still a bargain. Even more so on FREE days. The National Park Service offers the following Entrance Fee Free Days this year:
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
Other fees such as reservation, camping, lodging, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise. For more on our parks, visit this website: https://www.nps.gov/index.htm. In Colorado, explore Mesa Verde (pictured), Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Great Sand Dunes and Rocky Mountain National Park.